Drop in gas mileage
AMuzi
2024-01-14 15:32:02 UTC
I moved from a relatively flat area (Houston) to Central Texas close to Austin.
My gas mileage has dropped from 20 mpg to around 16 mpg.
I would like to find out why. I have a 2009 Mazda CX-7,
The engine is running fine. I do live in a very hilly area.
Thanks.
Hills maybe but are you driving more city streets and less
expressway? That's a big change too.
--
Andrew Muzi
***@yellowjersey.org
Open every day since 1 April, 1971
AK
2024-01-19 21:40:27 UTC
Post by AMuzi
I moved from a relatively flat area (Houston) to Central Texas close to Austin.
My gas mileage has dropped from 20 mpg to around 16 mpg.
I would like to find out why. I have a 2009 Mazda CX-7,
The engine is running fine. I do live in a very hilly area.
Thanks.
Hills maybe but are you driving more city streets and less
expressway? That's a big change too.
--
Andrew Muzi
I found that my tires were at 22 p.s.i .

I filled them to 32 p.s.i.

I anticipte an increase in my my miles per gallon.

Andy
AK
2024-01-24 16:12:24 UTC
Post by AMuzi
Open every day since 1 April, 1971
After airing my tires to 32 p.s.i., my mileage went up to 20.2 mpg from 16 mpg.

Andy

dsi1
2024-01-20 17:19:27 UTC
I moved from a relatively flat area (Houston) to Central Texas close to Austin.
My gas mileage has dropped from 20 mpg to around 16 mpg.
I would like to find out why. I have a 2009 Mazda CX-7,
The engine is running fine. I do live in a very hilly area.
Thanks.
I mostly drive in my little town and get around 18 MPG in a 2011 RAV4. I drove to work on the other side of the mountain and got 30 MPG. I typically get 27 MPG when I drive to work. The main difference was that I didn't use the AC. Having the temperature in the low 70's and no passengers and no stopping probably helps.