Procedure for bleeding brake system with Anti-Lock brakes, Mazda truck
Roy Boy
2004-01-21 09:30:07 UTC
1990 B2600i Mazda Truck

Normally to bleed a brake system one would start at the right rear wheel
cyl., furthest point from the master cyl.

Looking under this critter this morning I noticed that there was no
bleeder valve on the right rear backing plate. Instead there is a brake
line running from the left rear backing plate to the right rear backing
plate.
Then where the bleeder valve (should be) on the r/r, there is instead a
brake line running up to what I believe is a valve for the anti-lock
system,( attached to the frame just above the r/r tire) then it feeds
back to the master cyl.
There is a bleeder valve on the anti-lock valve.

My question is do you bleed the system starting at the anti-lock valve
on the r/r, or do you start on the left rear, which would actually be
the furthest point from the master cylinder.

Any other advice on this type system would help a lot.
Thanks
Roy
jesseguzman
2024-08-31 18:30:03 UTC